Here at Hields we’re well known for our helicopter fleet, but thanks to our brand new base over at Leeds Bradford we’re now able to offer fixed wing aircraft too!
Bell 505 Jet Ranger
The Bell 505 Jet Ranger X is an American/Canadian light helicopter developed and produced by Bell Helicopter.
- 5 seats
- Full Glass Cockpit
- Range: 565 km
- Top speed: 232 km/h
- Length: 13 m
- Maximum Take-off mass: 3680 llbs
- Engine type: Turbomeca Arrius
- Manufacturer: Bell Helicopter
Our training aircraft, also available for charter and pleasure flying.
- Powered by Lycoming 540 6-cylinder piston engine
- 3 Passenger Seats + Pilot
- Small hand baggage only under the seats
- Cruise Speed 115 mph (100 kts)
- Maximum Takeoff Mass 2500 lbs.
Fixed Wing Fleet
- Speed: 126 knots Maximum at sea level
- Cruise Speed:124 knots 75% power at 8,000 feet
- Cruise Recommendations: A lean mixture w/fuel allowance for engine start, taxi, takeoff, climb and 45 minutes reserve.
- Range: 518 nm – Time: 4.26 hours
- Range @ 10,000 feet 45% power – 53 gallons usable fuel
- Range: 638 nm – Time: 6.72 hours
- Rate-of-climb at sea level: 730 fpm
- Service Ceiling: 14,000 feet
- Takeoff performance: Ground Roll: 805 feet – Total distance over 50 foot obstacle: 1,440 feet
- Landing performance: Ground Roll: 960 feet – Total distance over 50 foot obstacle: 1,630 feet
- Stall Speed: Flaps up, power off: 53 KCAS – Flaps down, power off: 48 KCAS
- Maximum Weight:
- Ramp: 2,558 pounds
- Takeoff: 2,550 pounds
- Landing: 2,550 pounds
- Standard empty weight: 1,663 pounds
- Maximum useful load: 895 pounds
- Baggage allowance: 120 pounds
- Wing loading: 14.7 lbs/sq. ft
- Power loading: 14.2 lbs/hp
- Fuel Capacity: 56 Gallons (Standard tanks)
- Oil Capacity: 8 quarts